Bluestone Mulch Prices
Mulch Delivery or Pickup
Mulch & Wood Chips Delivery to Monroe County
3 yard minimum order
$30 delivery fee.
Pickup Now Available!
3090 S Walnut St.
Whole Tree Mulch Compared to Other Types of Mulch on the Market
Organic Whole Tree Mulch
- Locally sourced healthy tree material
- Replenishes nutrient rich organic matter back into the soil
- Improves soil biology, aeration, structure & drainage
- Absorbs, stores and releases moisture into the soil
- Typically shipped in from other regions
- Often contains filler wood such as pallets and treated lumber
- Contains too much of an impermeable waxy substance called Suberin, which creates a water repelling barrier over the root zone, causing water runoff instead of absorption
- Contains dye that can damage plants and be harmful to the environment
- Excessive water is used to distribute dye, requiring anti-fungal chemicals to be added
- Anti-fungals are used to prevent fungi. Some of those fungi are beneficial to soil structure and should not be removed
Utilizing and Mulching the Whole Tree
When chipped the inner wood will absorb, store and release moisture at the soil surface.
Our organic whole tree mulch is locally sourced, and contains only clipped healthy tree parts with no added fillers. Tree mulch decomposes over time and slowly builds organic matter back into the soil, improving soil biology, aeration, structure and drainage. Unlike bark mulch, whole tree mulch will not clump and repel water from getting to the roots, nor will it allow potentially harmful dyes to reach the soil. Article: How to mulch trees and shrubs.
Mulch Near Me Videos
More About Organic Mulch
Often during tree removal, we get asked if we plant trees too. Yes, in fact we do. While not nearly […]Read More ›